Revised: September 7, 2022
Info you can choose to provide on the Life Calling Platform
Certain Users of the Life Calling Platform choose to interact in ways that require us to gather personally identifying information, such as when you:
- Register an account / Create User profile. In order to use certain features of the Life Calling Platform, you may be required to register an account and create a User profile. When you create an account with us, for example to use the mobile applications, “A Land Between Worlds” or “A Species Between Worlds”, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email address, and portrait photograph (for creation of any avatar). We collect this information so that we may create and manage your online user account and communicate with you if needed.
- Contact Us. When you contact us by phone or email, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, username or handle, phone number, and email address, and any other information you would like to share with us. If available, we also collect your internet activity information, like your IP address. We collect this information so that we can communicate with you concerning your questions and comments, troubleshoot where necessary, diagnose technical and service problems, and address any issues you have with the Life Calling Platform or Platform Content and to provide personalized support.
- Sign up to receive newsletters, blog posts, updates, and promotional material, related to the Life Calling Platform and/or Platform Content. When you sign up to receive our communications, we collect identifiers such as your name and email address. We collect this information so that we can share our news and updates with you as requested by you, including for example dates and locations of future art exhibits and events related to the Life Calling Initiative.
- Register for an event. When you register for an event being organized or promoted through the Life Calling Platform, we collect your identifiers, such as your name, email, and phone number. We may also collect other contact information. We collect this information so that we can contact you about the event and keep an internal record of attendees and those interested in the Life Calling Platform and the Platform Content.
- Make a Purchase or Donation through the Life Calling Platform. If you make a purchase or donation offered through the Life Calling Platform, we collect your identifiers such as your name and billing address. We also collect your financial information to facilitate your payment. Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers, cardholder’s name, card expiration date and security code), is processed by independent third-party service providers and is not collected from within the Life Calling Platform. Please visit those third-party service providers’ sites for information about their privacy policies, over which we have no control nor responsibility. We may enable you to post public comments in connection with a donation and with which you may associate with your name, which we may moderate and use in our own communications.
In all cases, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with the Life Calling Platform.
We never collect, store, or share face data. When you use our interactive mobile application, “A Species Between Worlds”, your device necessarily senses your face. However, only your device has access to your face data and only for as long as you are using the app. The app senses your face only in real time and does not store face data on your device’s memory. The app never transmits your face data from your device to us, our affiliates, or any third parties.
We respect your email address
If you have provided your email address to receive news and updates, know that we will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. You may opt out of receiving any email communications from us by following the unsubscribe link provided in any email we send.
Cookies and Tracking
In addition to cookies, other tracking technologies are also used, such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze the Life Calling Platform.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate or analyze the Life Calling Platform. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf. They are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We also collect personal information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We collect IP addresses in order to improve your experience on the Life Calling Platform (such as limiting the number of times you’d see a pop-up, or to know your general location to give you more relevant content). We also collect IP addresses to understand how Users move through the Life Calling Platform and how often they return.
Do Not Track Disclosure
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. For more information about DNT, visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
How we protect your data
We use a variety of security measures to protect your data. We maintain physical, technical, and procedural safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of personal information. Through our third-party service providers we protect the security of payment transactions using a number of measures such as encryption, access controls, network firewalls, and physical security.
No website or electronic data can ever be completely secure, but we are always working to maintain up-to-date and appropriate security mechanisms.
How we use and share your data
If you provide us with personal information when you access the Life Calling Platform, we may use the information in our programs and activities. We may enter your information into one of our databases so we can contact you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, request donations, or provide a more personalized online experience.
We will disclose personal information only on a need-to-know basis to those of our employees, affiliates, and service providers who process it on our behalf as necessary to provide the Life Calling Platform. Those employees, affiliates, and service providers are bound by strict confidentiality rules and are permitted to use the information only to support our operations.
We will not rent, sell, or otherwise exchange for value personal information to anyone.
Other than to its employees, affiliates, and service providers, as described above, we disclose personal information only:
- in response to a legal obligation, such as a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request,
- in good faith and as reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Giving Back, third parties, or the public at large,
- to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Life Calling Platform,
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Life Calling Platform, and/or
- to protect against legal liability.
How long do we hold on to your data?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out the purpose(s) for which it was collected, unless we have legal obligations to keep it longer or to delete it sooner.
What happens to your data if something happens to Giving Back or the Life Calling Platform?
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal information, to the United States and process it there.
The Life Calling Platform is not intended for individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect or share information from children.
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You may have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal information.
- The right of restriction. You may have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You may have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You may have the right to withdraw your consent at any time in cases where your consent was the basis for our collection and processing of your personal information.
We link to other websites and apps
Life Calling is a project of the Giving Back Fund, Tax ID: 04-3367888, a non-profit
corporation with federal tax-exempt status from the IRS under section 501(c)3.
NEW YORK ©2022 Life Calling. USA. All rights reserved.